A Texas City declared a State of Emergency after a Brain eating amoeba called naegleria fowleri was found in tap water. Lake Jackson declared the emergency after they found the brain eating amoeba in tap water a 6 Year Old boy became infected after drinking.
Take a look at an announcement from David Gonzalez warning people not to drink Water in Lake Jackson contaminated with the brain-eating amoeba naegleria fowleri.
A request to officially declare the Brain eating amoeba contamination a disaster was sent to Texas Governor Greg Abbott with wording allegedly stating that death could occur. The Mayor Bob Sipple has allegedly admitted that the threat the brain eating amoeba poses to life in Lake Jackson requires outside help.
Everyone in Lake Jackson has been warned not to use water for any reason, including taking a shower. This situation is as serious as it gets for the over 26,000 residents living in the city.
Hopefully the 6 year old boy survives his battle with the brain-eating amoeba, and everyone in Lake Jackson, Texas can stay safe.
It’s dangerous times right now, prayers up for the City of Lake Jackson, Texas.